Thursday, June 18, 2015

When Is Confession NOT a Good Thing?

    A group of clergymen from different denominations got together one day over coffee.  They discussed problems and shortcomings of the "clergy" life.  As they got more comfortable talking to each other, they opened up and began to discuss some of their shortcomings and temptations.  The Jewish rabbi said, "I have something to confess. You know that we're not supposed to touch pork.  But I can't help it.  I love bacon, I love ham, barbecue pork...I even like pork rinds!"  His friends nodded sympathetically.
    Next the Methodist preacher said, "I have to admit a fondness for strong drink.  I know I probably shouldn't, but I take a nip more than just once in a while."  The others gave him an understanding look.
    "Well, friends," the Catholic priest began, "you know that we priests take a vow of celibacy, but I've got a girlfriend in the next county.  Sometimes I take off for a long weekend to pay her a visit.  I am a weak man."
    Finally, all eyes turned to the Baptist preacher.  He looked at each one and said, "I guess I'm going to need your prayers more too.  You see, I also have a terrible vice.  I'm a hopeless gossip!  What I hear, I can't help but tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment